Corsi lays out a well founded and evidenced theory that Kennedy was not killed by Oswald the nutjob, and possibly not Oswald at all. Corsi lays out facts from video footage from the Zapruder, Nix, and Hughes films along with confessions and surveillance. The findings are extremely disturbing as the evidence points towards Oswald actually being the patsy of a combined CIA and Mob conspiracy to murder Kennedy.
Here's a brief run down of "new and rediscovered" evidence:
- The bullet that supposedly shot Kennedy and Gov. Connelly in the Single Bullet Theory pushed by the Warren Commission was never recovered. A random bullet was found on a stretcher near Kennedy's stretcher but was almost brand new. Ballistic experts testified that there is no way that a bullet in its condition shot through two men.
- Upon the final head shot, a large number of people including police men darted for the grassy knoll near the Texas School Depository Building. Numerous witnesses claimed to have seen two random men with guns behind the picketed fence. When police raided the area two men were found and claimed to be Secret Service. No identification was given and no Dallas Secret Service were deployed that day. In addition another man was seen fleeing wearing a police uniform but had no badge, hat, gun, or belt. Pictures and film have been able to very likely identify him as Roscoe White who was connected with Chicago mob boss Sam Giancala. White had recently showed up in Dallas and was trying to join the police force.
- Three other men have been fingered for the assassination either in shooting the high powered rifles or being there to see it out. The men were ironically connected with the mob but had been hired by the CIA to do several jobs in Guatemala, Iran, and Cuba. All three men were seen in Dallas at Dealy Plaza when Kennedy was killed. These same men also were part of Nixon's cover up in Watergate. Nixon who hated Kennedy, was also in Dallas the day Kennedy was killed.
- Sworn testimonies from Dallas PD and employees at the School Depository stated that Oswald was in the cafeteria the whole time the motorcade was going. One police officer that stormed the building after someone claimed to have saw the shooter found Oswald getting a Coke out of the vending machine calmly and chatting.
- Oswald was said to have killed an officer in an attempt to escape town. However, the evidence points towards a co-conspirator, possibly White or Jack Ruby. If Oswald did shoot Kennedy, the assassination happened at 12:30 PM. He was seen leaving the building at 12:40 PM. The officer was killed at 1:08 PM. Oswald would of had to go approximately 9 miles mostly by foot, bus, and taxi plus stop and get his jacket at the apartment room he was staying in in less than 30 minutes to have been present to kill the officer. Oswald's wallet was found at the crime scene along with a jacket which was a different color than the one the landlord claimed she saw him put on before leaving. Ironically, two other Oswald wallets were found in suspicious places as well.
- A professional sniper from the Vietnam War tried to recreate Oswald's assassination with the same kind of weapon Oswald was said to have had and found it impossible to fire three shots in the time Oswald supposedly did. On top of that, the sniper pointed out that if the goal of Oswald was to kill Kennedy, he missed the right vantage points before the car turned. The gun that was found in the 6th floor of the building had a crooked scope and a jammed clip. Three shell cases were on the floor but there was no evidence the gun had been fired. The Warren Commission's star witness that says he saw Oswald before and after the assassination in the window can be seen on the Zaruder and Nix films as never even facing or looking at the Texas School Depository building. More than ten other affidavits were delivered and signed under oath stating Oswald wasn't there and that two men on the grassy knoll had fired the shots and yet the Warren Commission never read these or used them.
- Gov. Connelly who was sitting directly in front of JFK and also hit in the assassination, clearly testified and remembered that Kennedy was hit in the back and exited out of the front of his neck with the first shot. The second shot hit Connelly. Special Agent Clint Hill stated that the third shot blew out the back of Kennedy's head. Hill described it as a watermelon exploding. When Jackie pulled John onto her lap, Hill testified that he could literally look inside the President's head from the right temple all the way to the back. The film shows that when this shot hit Kennedy, his whole body was thrown backwards indicating the shot came from the front, not the back where Oswald was shooting from.
- Testimonies were given from dancers at Jack Ruby's nightclub that Ruby and Oswald had been meeting on a regular basis in his club office. One of the dancers claimed that Ruby was a homosexual and had been propositioning Oswald. Another dancer who was part of Ruby's drug and gun smuggling ring from Cuba was admitted into a Louisiana hospital after having a heroin overdose. Her traveling companions were later identified as mobsters working with Giancana in Chicago from Cuba. On the day of Kennedy's assassination, the woman told doctors and nurses that Kennedy was going to be killed that day. No one listened. The woman watched the motorcade on TV in her room with nurses present and just as the motorcade turned the corner at Houston and Elm, she yelled out for them to look and said, "He's about to have his brains blown out." It happened just as she said it.
-A former KGB officer has testified that Oswald was indeed part of the KGB during his time in the Soviet Union and has seen the cables sent between Oswald and his handlers. The family that took the Oswald's in upon their return to the US were double agents of the CIA and the KGB. Shortly before the assassination, the family disappeared to Haiti and $10 million showed up in their offshore banking account. Oswald's mother claims that he had been recruited for the CIA and a file on Oswald was found in a CIA search and raid. The file started with 39-XXXX indicating that he was indeed a spy and possibly part of the "false defector" program put together by CIA director Allen Dulles. The program called for an undercover agent to renounce his citizenship, move to the Soviet Union, join the KGB and collect intelligence, and come back. Adding to the mystery is the fact that the State Department gave Oswald a money loan to get back to the US and approved the reissuing of his passport in one day.
- In what was a typical CIA ploy, Oswald was supposedly seen at shooting ranges and other areas implicating him in readying himself for the assassination attempt. However, visual evidence has been found indicating that Oswald was not physically present in several situations where his name had been signed.
- The FBI and Secret Service uncovered two other assassination set ups in November planned for Chicago and in Tampa. The same set up was used in Dallas, that is, single shooter in a tall building supposedly acting alone with three to six assassins on the ground in strategic locations to actually do the job. In both Chicago and Tampa, a patsy was planted. Both were arrested when the attempts were found out beforehand. Word from Chicago went to Tampa and the authorities were able to secure the planned kill zone and thwart the plan. Ironically, the Dallas PD and Dallas Secret Service were given no intel on two previous assassination attempts and what to look for.
- To make it appear that Kennedy had been shot from the back, Corsi claims evidence points that surgery was done on Kennedy's corpse before arriving for the autopsy at Bethesda Hospital. Clint Hill ordered Kennedy's casket from a Dallas funeral home which cost $4000. Kennedy's body was placed in the casket and loaded onto Air Force One as Lyndon B. Johnson was taking the oath of office. Doctors who did the autopsy and military men receiving the body at the Naval hospital testified that Kennedy's body was brought off the plane in a pink transfer casket used to send bodies to other cities for burial. He was also zipped up in a body bag. Doctors in Dallas stated on the death report that Kennedy had been hit at least twice, once in the back that had exited his neck and the other shot was from the front that went into his right temple and exploded out of the back of his head. Doctors doing the autopsy claimed that his head was intact and there was no major hole in the back of his head other than a small hole that looked like an entrance wound. They also testified to having about 12 men dressed in plain clothes standing in the autopsy room with them looking over their shoulders and instructing them to move on to other actions if they lingered too long at a certain part of Kennedy's body.
These were just some of the new evidence that has come out. A CIA Agent Hunt who helped the CIA overthrow the Guatemalan government in 1954 and 1957 was also said to have been involved in the JFK Assassination. He is clearly seen on video in the plaza during Kennedy's assassination. On his deathbed, he confessed to having helped in the plot to kill Kennedy. Ironically, he was used by Nixon to help cover up the Watergate scandal as well. Hunt claimed the break-in excuse was a ruse. Nixon had received intel that the Democrats had received information connected him to the JFK Assassination and the Bay of Pigs boggle. Evidence also surfaced that Johnson met with several members of the CIA and mob a few months before the assassination attempts began. Chicago mob boss Giancana claimed his group and the CIA did work together to kill Kennedy. Western mob boss Elkins told Kennedy that he knew an assassination attempt was being planned.
All in all, there seems to be much evidence to cause at least thoughts that Lee Harvey Oswald was more than a simply deranged little man who favored Communism and decided one day to kill JFK. Oswald by admission had tried one assassination on a General Walker living in Dallas before the Kennedy assassination. Being at very close range with the old man sitting in his living room chair reading a newspaper, Oswald, shooting with the same gun he supposedly shot Kennedy with, was unable to hit Walker.
American history has shown that as the CIA was newly formed after WWII, it operated on its own and actually could be considered a rogue agency. They went against Kennedy's orders three times during his presidency and Director Dulles was held responsible for the Bay of Pigs debacle. Kennedy claimed that he would break the CIA up into "a thousand pieces" and was on his way to doing it. At the same time, Bobby, JFK's brother and Attorney General, had decided to wage war on the mob in the East with JFK's authority. Their father Joseph P. Kennedy had been at odds with the mob from his time as a younger statesman in what can be described as an on again/off again relationship. Giancana claimed to have helped deliver the Chicago vote to Kennedy during the 1960 presidential election. JFK and Bobby swore to obliterate organized crime and were making tons of headway in their endeavor. As Kennedy threatened to take out the CIA and the mob, the two organizations already working together in the Guatemala, Iran, and Cuba overthrow attempts seem to have come together to get JFK out of their way and usher in LBJ according to Corsi's and others' theories.
Corsi offers tons of evidence and first hand accounts to the information he presents in his book. He provides tons of details about the summaries I've included and about many more evidences to counteract the Warren Commission's finding. The House Committee on Assassinations that met in 1976 chastised the Warren Commission for not examining all the evidence given to them. In their official finding, the House Committee stated that it is entirely likely that President Kennedy was indeed killed as part of a large conspiracy which included a high ranking government agency and organized crime. Most all of the files on Kennedy's assassination have now been declassified, but there are many which still remain either completely sealed or partially sealed. The Kennedy Act of 1992 set the date for all records to be unsealed and considered as 2017.
Was Oswald involved in Kennedy's assassination? It seems he was. Did he shoot Kennedy? He may have. However, Corsi presents his own evidence that if presented in a trial, should Oswald had not been killed by Jack Ruby, would have probably resulted in a mistrial or at least a hung jury verdict. I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist and when it's all said and done, Oswald probably was the crazed lunatic and lone gunman that the Warren Commission presented him as being. What is undeniable though is that there were plans in place to take Kennedy out and the CIA had gone rogue during Kennedy's administration and the mob did indeed have a hit out on JFK. Adding to the confusion is the fact that LBJ named CIA director Allen Dulles, whom Kennedy had fired, and another man who worked for the CIA and supposedly the mob in several overthrow attempts to the Warren Commission.
It is entirely possible that indeed Oswald acted all by himself and that he did indeed get three shots off hitting Kennedy in the back, neck, and head. The reality is that because the Warren Commission didn't investigate fully and the House Committee recognized that and stated a conspiracy may indeed have existed, we may never fully know the details surrounding Kennedy's death. I can't say as a reader and history buff that Oswald didn't kill Kennedy. But I also don't feel like I could say without a doubt that there also didn't exist a conspiracy to kill him as well in which Oswald was a part. Still while Corsi paints the conspiracy theory out with great research and resources, there are plenty of other authors who paint out the theory of Oswald acting alone to a tee as well. Americans may just have to decide for themselves because I don't know that the truth will ever be completely revealed one way or the other.
This is a great book to read if you're interested in information and theories about the Kennedy assassination. There are admittedly some parts that I read that I have my doubts about and there were plenty of times while reading it that I literally said to myself, "Yeah right!" There are other parts that do seem very credible and would seem to demand some answers. It's a longer book with tons of detail, but it's definitely worth the read. I guess the future may tell us the truth one day. Until then, as an American, I can only hope that Corsi is wrong and that our government did not kill a sitting president.